In order to be able to offer our Website and Services, we process personal data. The term “personal data” refers to information with which you can be identified as an individual. This definition is in accordance with the Relevant Legislation.
Furthermore, we will not process your data without your permission, unless we are legally obliged to do so.
What data do we collect and what do we do with it?
In order to use our Website and Services, we need the following information from you:
- Your email address
- We also collect some non-personal information from you when you visit our Website, such as:
- The name of the browser you are using
- The operating system you are using
- The service provider with which you have Internet access
If you use social media features on our site, the supplier of ours may (per its policy) send you information. For example, this may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and other information that you have made available. Don’t want this? Then change the privacy settings on your social media account.
If you indicate that you like an article, that article will appear on your social media account when you are logged in. When you land on a web page that uses social media plug-ins, your browser sends certain information to the provider of your social media account. We have no control over this data exchange.
Ship Vision offers newsletters. This way you stay informed of offers, (discount) promotions and other news. To be sure of your permission, we use the double opt-in system for newsletters. This means that you verify your consent with a new confirmation. We ask you for this verification via an email that we send to the address provided. An unsubscribe option is included with every communication via this route.
We will only use your data for the above purposes, or for a purpose closely related to this. This means that your data will never be used by us in an unexpected way.
We are committed to protecting your personal information from loss, destruction, use, alteration, or disclosure of your personal information by unauthorized persons. This prevents those who have nothing to do with your data from accessing it. We do this through the following measures:
- Encryption (encryption) of digital files containing personal data
- Securing network connections with Secure Socket Layer (SSL), or a similar technology
- Access to the data is limited to those who need the data
- Access to the data is secured with two-step verification
We will not keep your personal data for longer than we need it for the purposes described above. We will never keep your data for longer than 5 years.
We will only process your data within the European Union. Outside the European Union, we only process your data if that country offers an adequate level of protection for your data.
We will never transfer your data to other countries or to parties other than those mentioned above without your permission.
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to the browser via a website’s server. The browser then saves the file in your device. Your device will be given a unique number, with which our site will recognize the device later.
You can always delete or disable cookies yourself via the browser settings. No more cookies will be stored when you visit our Website. But please note: our Website may not work as well without cookies. For more information, please read our cookie statement: www.shipvision.nl/cookie-statement.
What are your rights?
The information we collect from you is personal. You therefore have the following rights:
- You may ask us to inspect your data;
- You may ask us to correct, restrict or erase your data;
- You may ask us for a copy of your data;
- You can object to the processing of your data;
- You can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority if you believe that we are processing your data unlawfully;
- You may withdraw your consent to process your data at any time. From the moment you withdraw your consent, we are no longer allowed to process your data.
4251 CR Werkendam
Phone number: +31 (0) 183 50 54 33
Jan Ruijtenberg: +31 (0) 651 14 53 39
Dolf Cornet: +31 (0) 646 92 12 80